Entry requirement to Hong Kong from Germany and Switzerland
Germany and Switzerland have been listed as a high-risk specified place since 28 November 2020 and 2 February 2021 respectively. Everyone who has stayed in Germany, Switzerland or any of the other high-risk countries (including transit) in the last 14 days before arrival in Hong Kong must show a negative nucleic acid test result for COVID-19 in addition to a hotel reservation on arrival. The test must have been taken within 72 hours before departure (for connecting flights this information refers to the last flight).
Specifically, the following documents shall be presented when entering Hong Kong from Germany or Switzerland:
1. Proof of a negative test result of a nucleic acid test for COVID-19, the sample of which was taken within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure
2. A confirmation in English or Chinese of the negative test result issued and signed by the laboratory that performed the test. The spelling of the name of the tested person must be the same as the spelling in the travel document/passport. You can already fill in your personal information and have the laboratory sign and stamp it. For confirmation, this form can be printed and used:
3. A documentary proof in English or Chinese to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution is ISO-15189 accredited or is recognised or approved by the relevant authority of the government of the place in which the laboratory or healthcare institution is located:
For Germany, a printout of the confirmation of the German Consulate General Hong Kong that all test laboratories on the list of the “Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle” are certified according to ISO 15189 or recognised by the German authorities:
For Switzerland, a printout of the confirmation of the Consulate General of Switzerland in Hong Kong that all test laboratories on the specified lists of the Swissmedic are recognised by the Swiss authorities:
4. For Germany, an internet printout with the name and address of the test laboratory that performed the test from the homepage of the “Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle”. For Switzerland, a printout of the relevant specified list from the Swissmedic (you can download the lists from here and here).
Alternatively, for travellers from Germany, a test can be performed at -
(a) CENTOGENE at the following locations:
Frankfurt Airport, Düsseldorf Airport, Hamburg Airport, BER Brandenburg (Schönefeld) Airport, Rostock and Wiesbaden.
CENTOGENE's COVID-19 test result can be displayed not only in German, but also in English and Chinese. As proof that the tests of CENTOGENE are carried out by an ISO certified laboratory, you can print out the following confirmation from the German Consulate General Hong Kong and present it upon entry into Hong Kong:
(b) MVZ Martinsried GmbH at the Munich Airport:
On request, the test result can also be issued in English. As proof that this laboratory is ISO 15189 certified, you can print out the following confirmation from the Consulate General Hong Kong and present it upon entry into Hong Kong:
5. (a) For fully vaccinated persons (a person is considered fully vaccinated starting from the 14th day after a person has completed a COVID-19 vaccination course, in which the next day after the person received all of the recommended dose(s) of COVID-19 vaccine is counted as the 1st day), a hotel reservation in English or Chinese for not less than 14 days from the day you arrive in Hong Kong should be provided. Please find the list of recognised vaccines here. After the hotel quarantine, there would be additional “self-monitoring” and further testing requirements. Please refer to the details here.
A vaccination record in English or Chinese issued by a healthcare institution or a relevant authority of the government of the place where the vaccine was administered should also be provided. The record should bear the name of the relevant vaccinated traveller identical to that in his/her valid travel document to show that the relevant vaccinated traveller received dose(s) of COVID-19 vaccine and the date(s) on which the dose(s) was/were administered and the name of the vaccine administered.
If the vaccination record is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all of the above information, a written confirmation in English or Chinese issued by the healthcare institution or a relevant authority of the government of the place where the vaccine was administered, bearing the name of the relevant vaccinated traveller identical to that in his/her valid travel document and setting out all of the above information should be presented together with the vaccination record.
(b) For persons who are not fully vaccinated, a hotel reservation in English or Chinese for not less than 21 days from the day you arrive in Hong Kong should be provided.
The accommodation costs are to be paid by the traveller. The compulsory quarantine must be carried out at designated quarantine hotels in accordance with the directions under the Prevention and Control of Disease (Regulation of Cross-boundary Conveyances and Travellers) Regulation (Cap. 599H). The Government will also arrange designated transportation for sending them to designated quarantine hotels, with a view to reducing their contact with the community and other guests. More detailed information is available at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/designated-hotel.html.
6. All persons entering Hong Kong are also required to complete the Health & Quarantine Information Declaration form provided by the Department of Health online.
Please note that until further notice, only Hong Kong residents will be permitted to enter Hong Kong.
ContactStephanie Pall, Head of Public Relations
Tel: +49 (0)30 22 66 77 242 | Fax: +49 (0)30 22 66 77 288 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About HKETO BerlinHKETO Berlin is the official Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government representation in commercial relations and other economic and trade matters in Germany, as well as Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland.
If you would like to receive periodic news from us, please subscribe here. However, if you would like to stop receiving news from us you can unsubscribe here.